We are GuyTec Ltd (Company Number 5494971)
Our registered office is:
Our Website address is: https://www.guytec.co.uk
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
GuyTec is a “Data Controller,” which means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required - under data protection legislation - to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
It is important that you read this notice - together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you - so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
What information do we collect?
We collect your personal data because it is necessary, in relation to us providing the products and services that we offer, and to operate our Website. We need personal details to help us provide Site Surveys, Quotations for products and services, and taking steps to enter into a contract with you and/or performance of a contract with you - including, but not limited, to your certification.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of data about you:
Information you give us: This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you enquire about a product or service that we offer.
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, and personal description.
Information we receive from other sources: We may receive your information when we work with third parties - including; business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies, for example. However, we will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
We do not collect any sensitive personal data about you, such as information about your race, political opinions or religious beliefs - unless we obtain your explicit consent. In addition, we do not knowingly collect personal data from - or direct our content towards - those under the age of 16.
There is also information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected when visiting our Website. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses.
How do we use your personal data?
We may use your personal data to:
- Provide quotations for products or services that we offer and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Provide you with information about other goods and services that we offer, which are similar to those that you have already enquired about or are certified for.
- Send statements and invoices to you and collect payments from you.
- Comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations.
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by you.
- For the operation of our Website, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the GuyTec Website.
- We offer newsletters and marketing emails to Customers or prospective Customers, or Partners. To sign up for these services, registration on our Website is required and you need to select which email services are of interest. You can deregister at any time via the link contained in every email, or by logging on at our Website and changing your preferences.
Disclosing your personal data to others
We will not share your personal data with others, unless:
- we are required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on GuyTec;
b) protect and defend the rights or property of GuyTec;
c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of GuyTec, or the public.
- Our business enters into a joint venture with, or is sold to or merged with, another business. We may then share your personal details with our new business partners or owners.
- We may use third parties to carry out business activities and they require your personal details to do so. This may include analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website.
Where relevant, we will require that third parties follow our data protection and privacy policies and we will require that such third parties do not use your personal details for their own business purposes, without your prior consent.
We use Stripe for payment, analytics, and other business services. Stripe collects identifying information about the devices that connect to its services. Stripe uses this information to operate and improve the services it provides to us, including for fraud detection.
For the purposes of certifying our work, and notification of work, we will share your personal details without further request, only to the Organisation or Authorities that we are required to do so in our Registration, such as NAPIT and SSAIB.
You are encourgaed to view their Privacy Notices, which can be found:
The GuyTec Web site use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize GuyTec pages, or register with the GuyTec Website or services, a cookie helps GuyTec to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same GuyTec Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the GuyTec features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the GuyTec services or Website.
Where we store your personal data
We store your personal details on computer systems or on paper based forms, or a combination of both.
Our Website Server is located within the European Economic Area ("EEA") in a secure data center.
We also use Software located on Servers (such as SAGE accounting services) to help organise our Business affairs. These servers may or may not be located outside the EEA.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data - and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means - and the applicable legal requirements.
How secure is my data?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you - or where you have chosen - a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website or communications via email. As such, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We do not process your personal data for marketing purposes unless you have given us specific permission to do so. We will inform you - before collecting your data - if we intend to use your data for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data and you can also exercise the right - at any time - by contacting us
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please write to us at at Timshel, Wilderness Hill, Hintlesham, Ipswich. IP8 3PG or contact us
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Your right to complain
If you have any problems with the way that we are handling your personal data, you should contact the Information Commissioner’s Officer (ICO).
The ICO can be contacted by telephone on 0303 123 113 - Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm - or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit the ICO’s website by following this link: https://ico.org.uk
The data controller responsible for your personal data is GuyTec Ltd (Company Number 5494971).
Our data protection registration number is ZA256749
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact us